BEACH~~~

BEACH~~~

Friday, June 8, 2012

For this Child I Prayed (& begged & made deals & screamed & ...)

This blog will be random. Just a warning. I have spent the day getting ready for Noah to have friends over tonight in celebration of his 15th birthday. Noah, my easy, good, happy, angel face child who was my gift straight from the Lord. Well, Noah was all those things then teenage hormones kicked in & stole some of his joy. Even I remember that being a teenager is a time of mixed emotions and conflicted beliefs. My goal is to talk with him about EVERYTHING! yep, even the embarrassing subjects that some parents refuse to broach. I GO THERE ! I have this belief that if I make nothing that we talk about off limits then he will feel comfortable talking to me one day if the actual need ever arises. We talk about drugs, driving, alcohol, relationships, how to treat others, what to do "if" (that can be a fun game with a teen). We talk about how people will always let you down - just a fact. we talk about HS friends being fickle & how they are probably not his forever friends. We talk about Jesus, we talk about Heaven, we talk about Hell. WE TALK - I love this about my Noah ... We talk!!! I waited 36 yrs for my Noah and God knew just the child for me! He has been my heart & my soul. I assure you that I do not love him MORE than I love my beautiful loving daughter or my miracle sweet little man who will always be my baby. NO, I do not love Noah more, I love him differently. If you are taking the time to read my rambling then you probably know Dave & I both had fertility issues so making a genetic replica of "us" wasn't possible - well... It wasn't 't possible for us but the Lord handled it well! Noah is so much like me in ways that it is amazing. GOD HAS THE BEST TIMING and let me remind you he keeps his promises. SO, Noah as you turn 15 this weekend I want you to know how much you are loved. How much you were wanted & how we will LOVE YOU FOREVER! From the first pic with the 3D ultrasound you were my "angel face" and that you will always be. Happy Birthday to my fisherman with a big heart & strong will! I look forward to seeing you make your mark on our World! choose laughter Noah - choose happiness! momma

2 comments:

  1. Donna that is an amazing post. Your an awesome mom that raised an Awesome young man. He is very respectful, caring, smart and very intelligent. I have enjoyed being able to be in your life and enjoy the friendship we have established and Noah is a hoot on XBOX and the sotries he can tell. Thanks Donna. Happy Birthday to an AWESOME young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little teared up...that is very sweet...I remember that precious little boy, can't believe how fast he turned into a young man...he seems like such a kind hearted child. Teenage years are rough on all...keeping it real can be difficult but worth the time and effort! Happy Birthdat Noah!

    ReplyDelete